Well, lets start from the top.
A full tandem paragliding kit consists of the following :
1) Two helmets, one for the paragliding pilot and one for the pax and to answer your next question:
Why do we wear helmets?
To protect your head of course, but mostly on the take off….
2) The next two items are the harness’. One pilot harness and one pax harness. These harness’ are designed in such a way that it is possible for you to move from a standing position on the take off to a very comfortable seated position whilst glider flies through the air. The harness is also equipped with a foam protector and an inflatable airbag to protect your back should you have a hard landing.
3) The spreader bars are the bars that connect the pilot to the passenger and the tandem paraglider to the spreader bar.
4)The most important item of them all is the Tandem Paraglider. The gliders we use are Ozone Magnum 2’s. They are 41m’ in size and are made of the highest quality materials available. Definitely the best on the market. They have got a lifespan of around 300 hours.
5)We do also carry a reserve parachute in case the main tandem paraglider should fail or collapse, we can throw the reserve to ensure that we come down safely.
So what does all of this cost?
1)Helmet +/- R1500 x 2
2) Harness +/- R6500 x 2
3) Spreader bars +/- R850
4 ) Tandem paraglider +/- R35 000
5) Reserve parachute +/- R9000
Total of +/- R60 000
Latest posts by Stephan Kruger (see all)
- Paragliding Lions Head – How & When (part1) - 18th July 2013
- Paragliding Lions Head – How and When (part2) - 25th July 2013
- The trick of the week by Horacio Llorens – MacTwist to Heli - 31st July 2013